Welcome to Grendon Underwood Combined School’s Parent Teacher Association (FroGS – Friends of Grendon School)!
We are an active group who work with the school to fundraise whilst bringing the community together. We help to ensure that our activities enhance the children’s school life and benefit the whole school.
We are so grateful to have fantastic parent and community support that has enabled us to fundraise and provide the school with the following:
- 2022: UK Astronomy talk to all classes and evening family talk, library management system. Playground equipment including skipping ropes, balance boards, basketball net and a picnic table.
- 2021: Glockenspiels, Big 6 Reading books, Storage for Chromebooks to assist with classroom loaning.
- 2020: 10 chrome books and their licenses, £2000 towards the climber, Grendon School Mosaic made by the children, £1,000 reading scheme replenishment and £500 art room supplies and contributions to each class. Times Tables Rockstars assisting home and online learning.
- 2019: Funding of interactive Prowise boards to update every classroom, this was a fantastic achievement. Maths practical equipment and SEN equipment was purchased. An investment in the IT suite to convert the desk tops to chrome books, allowing far faster connectivity for children in their computing work. To facilitate teacher’s assessment, marking and planning for their lessons FroGS also purchased an assessment programme for teachers.
- 2018: Renewal of whole school reading scheme with new books purchased for classrooms and the library. Science equipment was purchased for each classroom and equipment including eyeballs for science experiments! Music also received a donation for recorders.
- 2017: 16 iPads were purchased which have been in constant use in the classrooms and also an iPad for each classroom teacher.
We also purchased a ‘Buddy’ bench, play equipment and and a ‘Shop’ to enhance role play and mathematics skills in the playground.
We have contributed towards School spruce up days including taking down the climber, gardening, power washing play areas, cleaning carpets and decorating the canteen.
We aim to ensure that the children have as much fun as possible through our fundraising events. We normally hold a range of fun activities including the Christmas & Summer Fayre, discos, film nights, hot chocolate cafes and parties in the playgrounds.
We always have these fundraising events running:
Easyfundraising: turn your online shopping into FREE donations – download the easyfundraising app or visit https://www.
Stamptastic: no more hours labelling!! Use this stamp to name all your children’s belongings for School – quick and easy to use and raise money for the School. Our PTA code is the School postcode HP18 0SP please type this in the discount code box when you checkout. https://www.stamptastic.co.uk/
School Uniform Shop: First Friday of each Month
Our popular School Uniform Shop enables parents to purchase good quality second hand uniform for their children easily in the school playground and save some pennies too.
Representation – all parents and carers are welcome to join us at our meetings. We would love to have fresh ideas to continue our fabulous efforts to date.
Every parent at Grendon Underwood School is a member of FroGS and therefore a member of the PTA. We work on the basis of the more the merrier, so if you wish to join us please do not hesitate to contact us. We appreciate that you are all busy parents and that is why we have a tiered system ranging from Committee members, regular helpers, helpers for certain events days/times and one off helpers. Any support is greatly valued.
Current FroGS Committee
Saz Sunthareswaran (Chair)
Jen Cunningham (Deputy Chair)
Tanya Arshad (Treasurer)
Yvonne Dennis (Secretary)
Nadia Sherriff (Committee Member)
Join our Facebook group to keep up to date with news and events: https://www.facebook.com/groups/182972255606602/
To contact FroGS please email: firstname.lastname@example.org