Our Governing Board consists of elected parents, representatives from our community and school staff. The Governing Board has the responsibility of monitoring all aspects of school standards. This is a strategic role and we operate and make decisions as a group, no one governor has the power to make decisions. With the exception of the Headteacher, governors all hold office for a period of 4 years.
To contact the Chair of the Governing body please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the role of the Governing Board?
In maintained schools the Governing Board has responsibility for raising school standards through three core strategic functions of:
- Setting the School’s vision, values and strategic direction;
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and it’s pupils;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school to ensure its money is well spent;
The governing body strive to be as effective as possible, acting as a ‘critical friend’, working in a close, supportive way with the Headteacher, senior leadership team and school staff to raise standards in all areas of school life and to promote high standards of education and achievement for all pupils.
Structure and Responsibilities of Governing Board
All Governors are members of the Full Governing Body and are required to attend termly Full Governing Board meetings.
There are currently 7 Governors with full and equal voting rights.
In addition, we have a committee structure to undertake our monitoring and evaluation roles. These committees discuss items in depth and make recommendations to the Full Governing Body.
Membership and terms of reference of committees are determined annually in the autumn term and each committee meets at least once per term. We have 2 main committees:
1. Learning and wellbeing – Monitors the School Development Plan, curriculum, quality of teaching and learning, pupil performance data, SEND.
2. Resources Committee – Responsible for setting the school budget and reviewing the school’s financial performance. The committee also monitors staff performance management, responsibility for pay and other HR matters, Health & Safety and premises and lettings.
All committee meetings are minuted, circulated to Governors and discussed at Full Governing Body meetings.
The agendas and minutes of all Governing Body meetings are available to read in school.
All Governors have undertaken an Induction Programme and attend regular further training within the Governor Development Programme to enable us to exercise our duties effectively and keep up to date with changes across all areas of the education provision.
Governor Details & Membership
Governor Attendance Record
2022 – 2023 Committee Attendance for Website